Oh, they’re gonna take away my Blogging License, I haven’t updated in awhile. Mostly because I haven’t had an update. I’m still slogging my way through Letting Go, which although compelling, is looooong. The next Roth book arrived from The Zon and is refreshingly slender. I’m also getting near the end of The Immortal Life of Henriette Lacks, which has been my lunchtime reading.
I’ve downloaded four new books to the Kindle, including two recent lit-fic offerings, Tom Wolfe’s Bonfire of the Vanities (because I’ve always wanted to read it) and also the book The Devil’s Candy, which is about the making of the famously awful film and how it all went so horribly awry.
I’ve been rather busy lately and haven’t had as much time to read…oh, who the hell am I kidding? I’ve gotten sucked into watching both seasons of RuPaul’s Drag Race online.
So here is a complete list of all the books I have On Deck to Read.
- The Last Olympian (Percy Jackson Book 5), Rick Riordan
- The Lost Hero (sequel series to PJ), Rick Riordan
- When She Was Good, Philip Roth
- Grand Sophy, Georgette Heyer
- Never Suck a Dead Man’s Hand, Dana Kollman
- How We Know What Isn’t So, Thomas Gilovitch
- Unbroken, Laura Hillenbrand
- The Count of Monte Cristo, Alexandre Dumas
- Mother Night, Kurt Vonnegut
- The Weird Sisters, Eleanor Brown
- Annabel, Kathleen Winter
- The Bonfire of the Vanities, Tom Wolfe
- The Devil’s Candy, Julie Salamon
And if I manage to read all of these books, that will take me up to…25 books read. And I will be one-quarter done. Which means to be on track I have to finish all these by the end of March.
Man. I am never gonna do this. But I must think positively! SERENITY NOW!